Kapadokya Holga Shots

 Uçhisar house
When I visited Gabby at her artist residency at the Babayan Culture House in the small town of Ibrahimpaşa in Kapadokya, I had my Holga in tow and snapped a few shots, mostly of the beautiful buildings around town while we sat on the street sketching. One shot on the roll was of one of the children in the village, who had been cruising up and down the street on his bicycle, when one of the village women kindly came to offer us each a glass of chilled homemade ayran to soothe the heat that had already set in that morning. It is one of my favorite memories from that trip- just one of the many kindnesses that I have experienced in Turkey that build connections between people- the street brightly lit from the dizzying sun and through my squint, seeing a woman with a gentle face offering us glasses filled with the refreshing, gleaming white drink.

Ibrahimpaşa

Ibrahimpaşa

Building detail in Uçhisar

Ibrahimpaşa

Old building in Ibrahimpaşa

Sipping on cold home-made ayran on a hot morning

Double exposure- Ibrahimpaşa

Ibrahimpaşa

Comments

Popular Posts